Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Disney Land - October 2011

Braxton got to go to Disneyland with Grandma Hollie, Grandpa Bryan, Korbin and Kyler! He had so much fun! He was the only Grandchild to go - needless to say, he was spoiled! I had a hard time letting him go but knew he would have so much fun and be able to build a special relationship with those he went with.

Getting him to the airport was a chore! Of course we were running late. We got to the drop off zone where I got out the stroller and his bags and went to run them in so they could get checked for the plane. I thought Nate was going to work on getting Brax out of the car and run him in really quick so we could say good bye and hand him off to Grandma and Grandpa before we got busted for "parking" in a drop off/pick up zone. After getting the bags to Bryan I ran back out to check on Nate and Brax only to find our car GONE!! I quickly called Nate and he said he was trying to find somewhere to park. I was okay with that, thinking it might give us a little more time to say our goodbyes. I went up and down the elevators by the parking garage trying to meet up with them. I knew Nate could use a little help since he had the last of the stuff to carry in as well as Braxton. I would go up to a floor get out and look around, get back in the elevator go down a floor get out and look around, over and over again. After what felt like forever and having no success in finding them I tried calling again. He said he had parked and was on his way in but he had to go because he was dropping things while talking to me. He hung up before I could ask anymore questions. I decided to sit and wait by the moving sidewalk knowing they would have to come in that general direction when they finally got inside. I was waiting there with Nate's family very, very anxiously. Hollie started getting understandably frustrated and worried about getting through the line and to their gate in time. After calling Nate a couple more times I only actually talking to him about half the times and could not figure out where in the world they were. We ended up getting in line at the ticked place and made our way up to the counter 3 or 4 times. When we got up to the counter we would get out of line and go back to the end to start all over. I finally was able to get a hold of Nate (about 20 minutes after I initially left him at the drop off zone) and he said he was on the outside of the airport coming in the door he dropped me off at. Very confused, I ran out to meet up with the boys both to help him carry stuff and find out where in the world they had been!! Nate looked very flustered with Brax on his shoulders and arms full of stuff. I quickly took Brax from him, ran inside and up the stairs to meet up with everyone still in line. We had just gotten Brax in his stroller and was passing on some information to Hollie and Bryan when an airport employee came up to us and asked if we were flying with a toddler. We said "yes", he said "you don't have to wait in line, follow me" and they were gone! We tired to say good bye to Brax as they were pushing him through the line frantically trying to keep up with the man but he was too far ahead to hear us! I was so sad that I didn't get to say good bye to my baby and give him one last big hug and kiss. On the way out I asked Nate about what had happened earlier - apparently he didn't know where to park so he ended up in the most far corner of the airport land you can park in. He didn't realize that our "goodbye" would be so quick or he would have just stayed at the drop off. He also didn't understand the drop off plan I had in my head which made him think he had to go park. It was a LONG quiet walk to the car full of tears (from me at least). After finally getting back to the car I was so impressed that he made it as quick as he did while carrying Brax and all this extra stuff!

As sad as I was that I didn't get to say goodbye to Brax on the walk out to the car I realized that it was probably better that way - Rip the band aid off quick!
**We brought our portable DVD player and Lion King to keep Brax busy on the plane. While Nate was trying to run in something happened along the way and he dropped it. When we got into the airport Nate tired it and it didn't work so we weren't able to send it with him.**


On the airplane with Grandma




Brax got to.......


Go to Sea World




Go to Disneyland








Brax LOVED the Dumbo Ride



Meet lots of Characters

He liked most of them - but there were a few he was a little afraid of......






Braxton Loved Snow White - he even had a little crush on her. He talked about her for weeks after he came home



Lion King was his favorite movie at this time
A Simba Stuffed Animal was found for him!
He was in HEAVEN!!


















They ran into Todd and Patti's family while at Disneyland





Go to Universal Studios









Play at the Beach









2 comments:

Meghann said...

What a lucky boy!

Marcus and Cami said...

Wow how fun for Braxton! I agree with you, I would be sad too if Liliana left and I didn't get to say goodbye one more time! Very cute pictures too! I guess Geppetto wasn't his favorite person?? Ha ha I don't blame him... he is creepy looking! That's cute about Snow White though! :D