Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Years Resolutions

I haven't spent a whole lot of time thinking about resolutions this year! There are a couple of things that I would like to work on and get done but with school being as crazy as it's going to be this summer I'm not worried about getting to them until summer.

One thing I have decided that I can do to hopefully make my life as well as my families life better is to not worry about the future so much. Nate and I are always talking about the future and all the things we want to accomplish and have and all the things that we look forward to years down the road. We spend so much time worrying about tomorrow. Instead of enjoying today we are always wishing it away. Sure, these aren't the most ideal times. We are super busy, poor Braxton spends more time with Grandma's and Aunts than he does with his mom and dad but these days are shaping our future. There is still good times to be had, fun moments to share and memories to make. Sure, I want school to be over for both Nate and I, I want us to progress in our careers but by the time that comes by little guy will be 3 and my baby will be 1. They will both be so big and if I wish it all away I will have missed out on a lot of exciting milestones as well as teaching and learning moments!

The other thing I want to work on now is to better prioritize my time making more time available for my family. Last semester I had a hard time with this one. I would get so overwhelmed and not work on things when I should have and my family, home and school work all ended up paying of it. I want to be better about doing school stuff when I'm alone, at lunch breaks or breaks I have between work and school leaving more time for my family when I am with them instead of school stuff. I want to spend more time getting down on the floor and playing with Braxton, more down time with my hubby and much much more needed time on my poor house and being better at just keeping it straightened. I'm not so worried about the deep cleaning of rooms at this moment but keeping floors and tables clear would be lovley!

I know if we can enjoy today and have more quality time together we will be so much happier and hopefully things will go a lot more smoothly at the Nuttall home this year!

2 comments:

Meghann said...

This is why were friends! You're doing so great! Remember we're always here and ready to support you guys however we can, even though you've always got it under control! Good luck this semester!

Marcus and Cami said...

Kristin you are amazing and I admire you because of how awesome you are!! :D (sorry if I made that sound lame... but it's true!) Those are great resolutions and I need to work on those too, so you're not alone! :D