Monday, January 16, 2012

Midnight Snack



Well, Almost!



I needed to do a physical assessment on a toddler for my Pediatric class and luckily I live with one which made it very convenient. Of course I still put it off and had to get it done tonight. Nate and Braxton were playing on the floor and wrestling just before I was going to do it putting Braxton into his crazy mood! I told Brax that if he was really good and helped mommy we could maybe go get some ice cream after. Well, he was as good as a 22 month old can be when you are trying to shine a light into their eyes, listen to their heart and lungs and other forms of poking and prodding with weird looking toys!

I was able to get enough information from him to work on the paper that goes along with it but by the time I was done (it only took a couple of minutes) Nate was asleep on the floor. By the time he woke up and we got of couple of other things finished it was bed time for Brax. We put his pj's on, said prayers, turned on his music projector and put him to bed.

As I was walking downstairs afterword I was feeling so guilty we didn't get him any ice cream. I had told him we might if he was really good and helped mommy and he did his best! I'm sure he didn't remember or care if he even understood the promise I made to him but I knew, remembered, understood and cared and I felt horrible. I felt so bad I went and got him out of bed and had him help me make and orange Julius. He got to sit on the counter help pour the ingredients in the blender and watch the blender work it's magic. I think his most favorite part was helping to put the ice in the lid. If it was up to him, we would have added double the ice it called for just to be able to put it in!

It was his first experience with helping to make something and his first try of an Orange Julius! IT was all a success! He LOVED his "orange shake". He thought it was so yummy. Nate, Brax and I all sat at the table and enjoyed our midnight (for Braxton at least) snack together talking and being silly. It was so much fun! Braxton kept talking about how good his drink was as well as pointing out "mama's drink", "dada's drink", and "Braton's drink"!









After we finished our drinks, we got cleaned up and then it was off to bed - for real this time!

No comments: