Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Angel's Among Us

It has been so nice being able to count down to an actual starting day for Nursing School. I've gone from, I'm not sure when I'm starting, I have an estimated start date of the Spring semester 2014, to I'm starting this Fall. I've been totally fine with the idea and honestly, pretty excited to start up. I haven't really been all that nervous or anxious or worried......


.....And then today came.




While giving Braxton his morning bath I had to let myself have a little break down. It all finally feels real now. It finally hit me that this is really happening. How Crazy life is going to be for the next 2 years through the program. Taking classes and having clinicals and going to work, while trying to find time to study, clean the house, make time for my boys, and still support Nate with his job, school and church calling. Needless to say, I got a little overwhelmed.




Then I was reminded of a testimony meeting I attended at the beginning of the year. It was one of the first testimony meetings I had been to in a few months because of having to work. A lady in our word who I just love and really look up to got up and started talking about her and her husbands newly married life. How they were both working while her husband also went to school as well as having a new little one along with some other things they were going through at the time. She says looking back now she doesn't know how they got through that crazy time of their life. She said the only way they made it through was with the help of the angels in their lives. Both the angels here on earth as well as those on the other side. She then went on and talked about some of those angels in their lives.




Sitting in that meeting made me think about the many angels our family are blessed by. We are so lucky to have such WONDERFUL families who love Braxton so much and are always so willing and eger to help with him whenever they can. Our moms are the BEST. They do so much for us and Braxton and a lot of times at the drop of a hat. Our brothers and sisters who volunteer to watch him even before we ask them. Grandmas who ask when Braxton gets to come to their house again to play because it has been a long time since they saw him last. Neighbors and friends who are always reminding us that Braxton is always welcome to their home. And Grandma Davis who I think about quite often and know she is on the other side watching over us.




Grandpa Davis has helped us out so much with school and is an angel in our eyes. We also have great friends and cousins who are so positive and encouraging; it is also nice to get together with them for those much needed fun and carefree evenings. There are many more angels we have been blessed to have come into our lives. Some have come and stayed, some come and go. Some come for a little time and don't even realize the impact they are leaving behind.




During Spring semester while taking Pathophysiology there were a couple of times I got a little over whelmed. Everytime I prayed to Heavenly Father to help me get through what I thought to be a difficult time, these angles were brought to my mind and I was reminded how blessed and loved we truly are. We aren't going through this alone and we have so much support around us to help us get through this. I also would be reminded that we aren't the only ones doing this. How many other people have been in the same situation we are in now or worse? What about those single mom's working and going to school while trying to raise their kids by themselves. Or those who don't have their families to rely on because they live in a different state than everyone else? We truly are so lucky!

Thank you so much to all of our angels - both those here on earth as well as those on the other side. We love you and appreciate all of you~

No comments: