Thursday, August 25, 2011

Nursing School - Day 1

WOW! It's so crazy to think that I've finally started! After 3 1/2 long years of waiting I'm finally one day closer to being done. It was so nice sitting in my classes and knowing that everything that was being talked about I actually needed to know. Unlike all those pre-req classes that you have to take that you don't really care about and thinking "when am I ever going to use this" and "I don't really care about this".

A cute lady in my class made everyone in our class bookmarks with a "feel good" quote. It is something I'm going to carry with me everywhere and possibly make multiple copies of just to have!


"You will be mentally stressed. You will be emotionally challenged. You will learn how to work together. You will learn to work alone. You will learn when to speak. You will learn when to be silent. You will learn when to lead. You will learn when to follow. You will be constructively criticized. You will be praised. You will shed a few tears. You will share in each other's laughter. You will learn the need to help each other. You will learn to help yourself. You will learn to be part of a group. You will learn to be yourself - an individual. You will learn responsibility. You will learn discipline. You will learn these things because someday someones life will depend on you.

You are a nursing student. You will graduate.

You will be in all its wonder and glory, a Nurse."

-Anneliese Garrison, RN,

"You are a Nursing Student"


~HERE'S TO TWO CRAZY YEARS~

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Good Luck Kristin! You can do it. If I ever need a nurse, I'm glad there are people like you that can do it because I NEVER could. It will all be worth it in the end!

Blake and Brandi Beck said...

You can do it! It is so worth it when those few years of craziness are done and you are finally working and get told that you are a wonderful nurse! Best feeling ever!

Meghann said...

That Quote is awesome! Almost made me want to go back to school.... Almost ;) You're amazing!