Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Star Was101 and impromptu lunch dates

That moment you learn all of the basic Star Wars trivia facts from your 5 year old son......

After dropping Paityn off today at preschool we had an hour and a half before Brax had to be to school. I don't get much one on one time with him and with my One Little Word for the year I decided to take advantage of this Moment. We stopped by Hobby Lobby to look for some different home decor items. It ended up being one of the most fun shopping experiences I have ever had.

I like to think that Braxton had as much fun as I did because he did not stop talking the entire time.

He loves Star Wars (for now) and is constantly playing with lightsabers, using his force and fighting other jedi's. Luckily he has siblings, uncles and parents who are willing to play along and entertain his imagination.

On the way to the store I got the whole low down of the characters, who they are married to, who their kids are, who their masters are, who has a stronger force, how the good guys turned bad, etc. Nate and I went and saw the new Star Wars The Force Awakens a few days before Christmas and Braxton got to go see it on Christmas with Nate, Grandpa Jeff, Ben and Jason - hence his obsession!

I learned that Queen Amadala (I don't even really know her name) is married to Anakin Skywalker. They had two kids, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leya. Leya married Haun Solo and they had the son who is the bad guy in the movie (again, can't remember his name). Anakin becomes Darth Vador, who is bad, after two jedi's get into a fight and one of them dies. Anakin gets mad and ends up fighting with someone else who hits him in the face with I'm assuming a lightsaber and that's when he gets his Darth Vador mask - because they don't want people to see his purple egg head. Braxton isn't really sure why Leya and Haun's son goes bad. Obe is the master but Yoda is the real master because he has the strongest force. R2do2 is friends with BB2. I'm sure he told me many, many more details but I was so confused with this little bit that I didn't take much else in.

While at the store Brax asked what was for lunch. I told him I wasn't sure. He asked if we could stop at McDonald's and then before I had a chance to answer said, "wait, no, Zupas. I love Zupas." How could I say no to that? We left the store with just enough time to get to Zupas and eat before it was time to get him to school. While walking in he said, "mom, I want what I always get. And the orange drink." While waiting to pay he said he loved the soup but he didn't know what it was called. I told him Wisconsin Cauliflower and he repeated it. He had so much looking around the restraunt and reading the different words and sayings they had around. At one point he said, "I can come here when I am a teenager but I can't remember how to say what I like. But you could just write it down for me before I come so I remember."

He only ended up eating half of his meal so it worked out perfect to take the rest home for Paityn to eat after school. And the "orange drink" was a hit with both kids.

I'm thankful for the little moments and for the memories they bring. A few hours of alone time with my oldest baby turning into an educational experience and a wonderful lunch. I sure do love my BMan.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Really impressive with our post. thanks for sharing this.

Coimbatore Partners - VcomInfotech