Saturday, July 9, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011




2/14/11


So, I know that my last few posts have been out of order BIG TIME! I guess that's what happens then life gets crazy!



Our Valentine's this year was a weekend long celebration!


We decided for Valentine's Day this year that we weren't going to get each other anything and instead just spend time together as a family - we both think that Valentine's day is kind of a silly holiday! We started off our "holiday celebrations" by going out to dinner Saturday night. Because I had to work until 5:30pm it was a last minute idea. Since we decided on no gifts you can probably imagine how surprised I was when I got home from work and saw this on the table.......






....... then I got close and saw what it said..........


(To: Mom
Love: Braxton
Will you be my Valentine?)


~How Sweet is that?!?! I definitely shed a few happy / feeling special tears~



Since Valentine's Day this year fell on a Busy Monday (I would be working from 7am-7:30pm and Nate would be in class until 9:00pm) I decided I wanted to do something special for Nate at home on Sunday. I ended up deciding to give Nate breakfast in bed to make up for his Birthday (when He made ME breakfast in bed)!




I thought I would be clever and cut the waffles with a heart shaped cookie cutter. It was a little bit of a pain in that the cookie cutter didn't cut through so I had to tear it off but it was worth it for my love! When breakfast was done (quick side note: I don't cook breakfast! I have only waffles and hash browns 2 or 3 other times, ever, and I have NEVER made bacon that I can remember. Needless to say, it was quite the experience trying to figure it all out while entertaining Braxton as well.) we took Nate's plate up to him but quickly returned back downstairs to eat at the table; Braxton was having WAY to much fun with the Breakfast in bed thing. As Nate was taking his plate to the sink after finishing his breakfast he spotted the cookie cutter on the counter next to the extra heart shaped waffles and the "extra pieces"in a nice little pile on the counter, he quickly says "Oh, you made the waffles heart shaped!" How sweet of him to notice~

Monday morning before I headed out to work I left some construction paper conversation hearts on the bathroom counter for Nate and one on top of a Valentine Book for Braxton! I wanted to make sure they both knew how much I love them and how grateful I am to have them in my life! I LOVE MY LITTLE FAMILY~

No comments: