Friday, April 23, 2010

Our Second Anniversary

So, it has been almost a month and a half since Nate and I celebrated our second anniversary but for some reason I have been skipping over those pictures as I have been doing my recent posts. So here it is... a month and a half late!

Braxton's actual due date was on March 13th (our wedding anniversary) but because he decided to come two weeks early we didn't have to spend it in the hospital! Nate's mom offered to watch him for us for a couple of hours so we could go to dinner and enjoy some us time which we were in dire need of! My wonderful husband took me to Cheese Cake Factory despite the over an hour wait. We went over to the mall and walked around for a little bit to kill some time! By the time we finally got seated, got our food, ate it and left we were both exhausted! On our way to dinner we had thought about maybe going to see a movie after we ate but as we left the restaurant we decided that probably wasn't a good idea. I don't think either of us would have made it though the whole thing.

The next day (Sunday) my family had Nate's family over for dinner. It's so nice that our families get along so well! We enjoyed a nice evening with all of us together. For our first anniversary Nate and I went down to Vegas for a couple of nights. Because we weren't home we totally forgot to eat our cake! So we decided that since both of our families were together and it was only the day after our second we would keep the celebration going through the next day and share our cake with everyone!!

Nate and I with our now TWO year old cake!


TWO YEARS!!!!!!


Our mom's decided it would be fun if we reenacted our special day by cutting a piece together and then feeding each other.

Nate played a long for a second, then he decided it wasn't such a cool idea! Those darn guys have to ruin all the fun!




Getting ready to feed each other

See that look in his eye and the smile on his face.......


I totally should have seen this one coming. He said he owed me - he wanted to do that on our wedding day. I told him if he did he would be sorry. He was smart and was really nice that day but he has been wanting to shove it in my face ever since. I actually was planning on doing the exact same thing to him - but I forgot.


My how a lot can change over two years!

Our Second Anniversary gift - two weeks early!


In case your wondering I think everyone at least tried a piece and it actually wasn't to bad. The fondant and the first little bit of cake under the frosting weren't very good but once we got to the middle it almost tasted just like a normal cake! We were all very impressed.

3 comments:

Meghann said...

This is a very cute post! I love the look on Nate's face. lol Our cake topper ended up in Aaron's little brothers dorm room because we thought it was nasty, they ate all of it. College boys...gross!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that! What a fun way to celebrate and what an awesome anniversary present! :) Ps before I even read the post I could tell by nates face he was planning something naughty! MEN!

Meghann said...

I know I already left a comment but I love your new banner!