Wednesday, May 13, 2009

~ Happy Mother's Day, Mom ~

Aren't mom's the greatest? Well I would have to say that mine is the BEST!! My mom works hard away from the home to help provide for her family but she also works hard in the home supporting her family.

My mom is a convert to the church! Neither of her parents are members and she says it was through the examples of her friends that she was baptised and later sealed to my dad for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple! My mom is a registered nurse and has worked in several areas since graduating!

My mom is an amazing woman and I think Sami, Jason, Lexi, and my dad would all agree with me when I say that working as a nurse is only one of her many occupations. My mom is a teacher. She taught all of us kids, well, she has tried to teach us how to clean up after ourselves, how to sort the laundry before putting it in the wash and how to make an edible meal! She has taught us about the Savior. How important it is that we be grateful to him for all that he has done for us and continues to do for us daily. She has taught us how important it is to pray to him and to always know we are never alone. She teaches us every day how to serve, love, and how to never give up through her incredible example. Her strong testimony and love of the lord has gotten our family through some pretty challenging times!

My mom is a tutor. She is always helping someone with homework! Somehow the kids these days are learning more and more at a younger and younger ages! Jason and Lexi's math is getting especially challenging and a lot of times after reading the directions she doesn't have any idea what it is talking about. That doesn't stop her though. She will google the different words in the directions and call all the neighbors she has to until she gets it figured out.

My mom is a Cheerleader! She has always encouraged all of us to always do our best and to never give up. She has encouraged us to have dreams and to make goals and she will do whatever it takes to help us get there if it is something we really want! She is on the side line of every basketball game, soccer game, gymnastics meet, and piano recital cheering us on. We can feel her prayers for us during every test we take and interview we have!

My mom is a nurse to us and all the neighbors. When ever someone has a question about symptoms their daughter has or what medicines their child can take they call my mom. She always has a band aid and an "all better kiss" ready at any moment. She taught us to use frozen veggie bags as ice packs and Popsicle sticks for splints. she is willing to hold our hair when we're over the toilet and whenever we are on pain medicine she keep us on a strict schedule with them! She is also a nurse for our hearts. When ever we have a bad day or are going through a hard time she is always there and doing what she can to try and make us feel better! She always has a word of encouragement and love when ever needed!

My mom is also a taxi driver, a chef, an interior designer (with the help of Sami!), a referee, counselor, housekeeper, an artist and a play writer (those that write the plays for the sports)

Finally, my mom is my Best Friend! We have gotten so close the last couple of years and that bond is continuously getting stronger! I know I can go to her for anything. One of the best things about my mom is that she is such a great friend but she also knows when to be mom! She is really good about playing the part that is most needed at the time! She knows when to give advice and when to just listen. She is hip and fun! She always puts others before herself and constantly looking for ways to help. "Things will work out" is something she is famous for saying. She is very optimistic and patient. If things don't go as planned we either try again, try it a different way or just go with the flow depending on the situation!

Thank you so much for your example, love, support and for always being there! Thank you for your friendship. I hope I can one day be the mom that you have been to me and the rest of the kids! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I love you so much!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I'd say "Dito" to all those things you said about your mom. She is one of the most amazing people I know and I love her to death! I miss talking and seeing her as often as I used to. Tell her "Hi" for me!