Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!!!!

Nate and I were able to celebrate our first Easter together at home this year. We were in Hawaii last year and ended up having a red eye flight that left Hawaii at aboout 9pm. So it was fun to be home this year and spend time with our families!

I love Holidays!!! Growing up my mom was always really good about making holidays special for us! Growing up I think we were the only house on the block that the Leapurchan came and visited on St. Patricks day, and more than once during the day! I want to try and continue to make holidays special. The only problem is Nate doesn't care as much about it as I do. So being in the spirit of the holiday I was at the store one day and saw a really cute Easter Bunny House. I figured I would get it so Nate and I could make it for Family Home Evening one night! During that same store trip I also bought egg coloring so we could color eggs tegether!! Needless to say, we didn't do either of them. I ended up giving the Bunny House kit to my mom to do with Jason and Lexi and I'll save the egg coloring for next year!! It's okay though, I'm sure Jason and Lexi enjoyed it more than we would have.

It was so fun to go Easter Basket shoping especially while having a little one to shop for as well. I think Chloee liked the grass in her basket more than what was actually in it! I even got myself a couple goodies for my basket just in case someone forgot and wouldn't feel bad. It's a good thing I did!
We spent Easter morning with my family because our wards don't start until 1. It was fun to be able to hang out with them. We then got to go teach our Sunbeams!! Lets just say having church at 1:00 on Easter is hard when you have a class full of 3 year olds on a sugar high! We had fun though. We then went to Nate's Aunts for his familys famous easter egg hunt and dinner. His family is quite the partying type and they are always fun to be with! By the time we got home and after the busy day we had on Saturday we were ready for another day of rest. I guess we'll just have to wait until next week!


Our Eater Baskets



Chloee having fun with the grass



Some pretty flowers the Easter Bunny brought me (they looked a lot better on Easter!)




Chloee was so sleepy after playing with Jason and Lexi all morning. She fell asleep on the floor in the back seat!

No comments: