Thursday, January 5, 2012

November - December pictures

One night after dad got home from work he decided that he wanted to finish up the last little bit of winter proofing for our backyard. It was getting dark and cold fast so and of course Brax wanted to go out and help! We hadn't bought him any winter things for this year so I raided his dresser for items I could find from last year. I was all bundled up and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought he would.




When Nate got the bike trailer out Braxton was so determined to go on a bike ride!





Brax modeling dad hat!
After we came back inside Brax decided that he wanted to give dad's hat a try!











While setting up the Christmas Tree Chloee decided to take a little power nap on Braxton's couch.


Let's just say, Braxton wasn't pleased!








For dinner one night we had pasta with spinach


I was TOTALLY thrown off when I went to get Braxton washed up and found this....




(yes, those are spinach pieces hanging from his chin!)







Because of everything going on - school finals, Braxton having pneumonia, and only having a few weeks to get ready for Christmas I didn't get to our family Christmas cards until the Monday before - yes, only 6 days before. I had thought about it many times just never got around to it. Because I was so late at deciding to do it for sure I knew I had to get to it and FAST! Monday morning after we woke up and had breakfast I got Braxton dressed and took some pictures around 9:30. I got into Walmarts photo center made the cards and ordered them through their 1 hour photo. I then picked them up around 4, stamped and addressed them that night after getting home and got them in the mail the next morning. It was a little crazy and I think if it ever gets that close again I'll just forgo the cards. I'm glad I was able to get them done though.

I tried to take some pictures with Brax outside the day before but he was way to distracted!





I got one really cute one with Braxton
but the only way I could get Chloee to sit and stay was to put a treat on the floor and tell her to sit and leave it and of course she was staring down her treat!!




So... we settled with this one!







We went to the mall with the Lamberts a few days before Christmas so that the boys could see Santa. After sitting in line for about 20 minutes and not even getting half way through the line we found out that we couldn't take our own pictures. We decided we didn't want to pay $25 for the cheapest package. We ended up getting Hot Dog on a Stick and spent a little time playing on their rides. The boys had a ball!!






















Braxton was really into the Jim Carey version of How the Grinch Stole Christmas this Christmas season. One day while getting socks out of his drawer he found his mittens from last year and got really excited calling them "ginch." He was so excited to be able to wear "Ginch" on his hands!









No comments: