Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Resignation.......

I know it sounds weird but I have been craving blogging. I have so many more important things to blog about but they will all take a little bit of time. Time of which I don't have at the moment to be spending it on here! I have SOOO many things I need to get done today. I'm just trying to decide where to start.

I'm sitting here thinking about my ginormous list of "things to do" and all that I have coming up the next couple of weeks and starting to feel pretty overwhelmed and wondering if I can come up with a way to give us more hours in the day! Because right now, that is the only solution I can come up with! As I'm sitting here, a little upset with myself for wasting precious time on the computer I'm reminded of an e-mail I got a couple of months ago from Sami and after reading it again somehow everything is okay. So....... here's my resignation!!!



My Resignation.....


I am hereby officially tendering my

resignation as an adult. I have decided

I would like to accept the responsibilities

of an 8 year-old.

I want to go to McDonald's and

think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud

puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends

on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple; When all you knew were colors,

multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness and loss of loved ones.

I want want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind and making angels in the snow.

So...here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first, cause....

"TAG! You're it."


-author unknown

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Trust me, we've all been there. You will be able to do all you are supposed to and somehow it will all work out. It always does. You are amazing and Heavenly Father will help you will ALL you have to do and one day you will look back and say, "How did I do it?"

Meghann said...

Hang in there friend! You're are amazing and you can do it! If you ever need help...let me rephrase that... If you ever need help that I can provide (I'm probably zero help with nursing homework) I'm happy to.