Thursday, February 10, 2011

~It's All About the LITTLE Things~

10/8/2010


***KINDNESS OF STRANGERS***


I was at Walmart (closest and cheapest store to us) getting stuff to make a pasta salad for my Brother-in-laws wedding dinner that was that night. I was trying to decide what salad dressing to get (comparing price with size) when I noticed this cute young mom with an adorable little boy that looked like he was about Braxton's age. We both looked at each other and smiled and said how cute each others kids were.
To be honest, if she hadn't had her little guy with her I probably wouldn't have even noticed her.
Anyway... as she was passing us with her cart I quickly grabbed 2 things of Kraft Poppyseed salad dressing put it in the cart and smiled a little good bye smile to the cute little boy. I went up and down a few more isles grabbing what I needed and then decided it was time to go. I was in a little bit of a hurry to get home and get things ready for the dinner.
I was on my way to check out but because I was in such a hurry I wanted to make sure that I didn't forget anything. I pulled the cart over to compare my list with what was in my cart when I looked up and saw the woman from earlier coming towards me with her cart and cute little guy. She pulled her cart next to mine, started looking through a little organizer and said "Would you like some coupons for your salad dressing?" I told her that would be awesome if she had any she wasn't going to use and made sure that she was sure she wanted to give them to me. She pulled them out and said "I even have two". I thanked her over and over again and again asked her if she was sure she didn't want them to which she replied "My family doesn't eat very healthy as you can tell by what is in my cart. Their going to expire and I would rather that they got used than just thrown away." We then went on our separate ways.

I was so thrown off by her kindness. It took me a couple seconds to realize what just happened. Once it sunk in I couldn't stop smiling or thinking about it. It wasn't a huge thing that she did but it made me feel good that she was thinking about me, who she didn't even know, and was willing to share her savings. I don't remember how much the coupon was for but my savings isn't what was most important!

Thank you so much to the kind lady at the grocery store for your random act of kindness.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Yay! I'm so glad you stopped by our blog! I love fellow bloggers :) I'm adding you to my reading list. And I'm glad I could help in some small way about budgeting. That'd be awesome if you could go part-time.