Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Birthday Boy + Breakfast in Bed

1/29/11


I Love when birthday's fall on the weekend. It makes it so much easier to celebrate it over a couple of days - making it last longer.

On Friday night (1/28/11) we went to the Jazz game.
I wanted to try and surprise him but on Thursday night he said "Do we have any plans for tomorrow night?" I of course said no, because we didn't have any plans that he needed to know about. Then Nate said "Well, Derek has an extra ticket for the game tomorrow night and is wondering if I want to go with him." I thought for a second and said "Well, what if I got us tickets for the game?" He had a surprised look on his face and asked "Really?" I responded with "But you can go with Derek if you want. That's fine" He of course decided to go with me which I was very happy about! I felt bad that I ruined Dereks plan to take him for his Birthday. What a great friend.
This game was the first time we have been to a game together all season. It was so fun and the Jazz even won ending their horrible loosing streak! We decided to splurge a little since it was Nate's birthday and we don't go to games often by each getting pretzels and sharing a large sprite, a wannabe Cafe Rio smothered pork burrito and ice cream.


My parents were so wonderful and kept Braxotn over night for us. I was so excited to be able to sleep in on Saturday - not having to work or get up with Braxton. Little did I know I would wake up to the smell of bacon and Breakfast in bed! How lousy am I. I felt so bad that the Birthday Boy was bringing Me breakfast in bed! Breakfast consisted of bacon, eggs and hash browns and was DELICIOUS. I have such an AMAZING husband. We layed around for a few hours and then it was off to pick up Braxton.


We had a Birthday Lunch on Saturday at Rodizio Grill. (their lunch prices are SO much cheaper than their dinner prices) I wanted to try and surprise Nate with this too but it didn't' work out. I had to tell him in order to make sure that the rest of the family coming would like it. I was a little sad. We were joined by Nate's parents, Grandma Carolyn and Grandpa Rich as well as Kristin's dad and Jason. (Lexi had a gymnastics meet in Lehi so Kristin's mom was there with her) We were so glad that those who came were able and willing to join us!
That night we went to Nick and Jaley's and played games and had pie with them and Aly and Tracy. Games are always fun and it was nice to get out - Thanks guys.


On Sunday we had our families over for Nate's Birthday dinner consisting of Tacos and Bryans famous spanish rice! It was so nice because EVERYONE was able to come - all of our parents and siblings. We have the best families and it's so nice that we can all do things together.


I was so bad and the only Birthday weekend pictures I got were on Sunday when we had our families over and they were only of the little ones. I definitely slacked this year - no pictures, no surprises (he was still surprised with the plans but they didn't go through the way I would have liked) and breakfast in be for me.....


~Braxton LOVES to walk around with his train
and Brynnlee decided to take advantage~




~Braxton got some good practice in for his Birthday. He's now going to be a pro with his smash cake!~

~And Braxton LOVED the practice~








~Look at that mess~

~Gabe enjoyed his cupcake just as much~


~and was just as messy~

~Our MESSY boys~



Nate got Jazz tickets, Risk and candy for a game night and a bike from Braxton that he still needs to go and pick out!

No comments: