Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Since the 'U' has their Spring Break this week we decided to take advantage a little and go out to dinner together as a family. We haven't been able to do that on a week night for so long! Brax and I met Nate at TGI Fridays by South Town Mall unfortunately a little while after By the time Brax and I got there Nate had already gotten us a table so we headed inside to find him. As I sat down Nate set two bags on the table and said "thank you for everything." It was so sweet. He had gone over to the mall while he was waiting for us and got me some shirts from Aeropostale and Abercrombie and Fitch. What a stud! Then a little into our meal he said "Do you know why we're celebrating tonight?" I was so confused. I didn't know we were celebrating anything and I felt horrible. I quickly ran some days through my mind

- our anniversary isn't for a while
- our first date was in October but not until Halloween
- our first kiss was in March
- we got engaged the middle of November

I was completely clueless and I felt horrible about it. Nate gave me a hard time about it for a little bit and then said "we got our house two years ago today! I can't believe you forgot!" Oh my goodness, I HAD totally forgotten! To give me some credit I actually had thought about it about a week before. I knew that it was sometime the middle of October and I meant to look through our paperwork to find out the exact day - and then never did!

I can't believe it has been two years - but even more, I can't believe all that we have been able to accomplish the last two years. We redid a our entry way, kitchen/dining room, all 3 bathrooms and our laundry room floors when we first moved in. We put in the front and back yard, "painted" our garage floor, got a puppy, and had a child. All of that on top of all the little things that we have been able to do, learn, and experience. We are blessed with such awesome neighbors and have a wonderful ward! One scary thing about buying a house is that you can't pick your neighbors and we definitely lucked out!

Nate ended up admitting later that night that the only reason he remembered that special day was because our awesome Realtor had sent him an e-mail reminding us and checking up on us!! What a stinker~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet! Man you guys have gotten alot done in 2 years. Congrats!

Aaron said...

We're glad to have you as neighbors! Sometimes we're not sure if you still live there since you're never home, though!