Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy May Day - Love, Madelyn

First, a little back ground information. At work yesterday a lady came in to use one of our sterilizer machines to run some testes on a new set of instruments wanting to be used. As she was sitting signing papers she said, "Today is May Day". I had totally forgot that it was and so I smiled. She asked if I ever did anything for May Day growing up? I said no. Well in school we would do random things like sing flowers songs and make paper flowers but that's about it. She told me she grew up in one of the Dakotas and there on May Day you pick flowers, put them on your friends porch, ring the door bell and run. The only thing was if they caught you they got to kiss you! I thought that was such a fun/cute little thing to do as little kids. (There I go with my Holiday loving/kid at heart, again!)

Well, yesterday Nate and I were going to go to dinner for my Birthday with my family and as always some of us were running late!! (It's okay, I still love you) I was running out the front door. I flew it open and was planning on reach back as I was half way out the door to grab onto the door knob and throw it closed behind. Something caught my eye as I was running out and getting ready to grab the knob. Much to my surprise it was some home made flowers in a home made vase! I took it off the door to try and figure out what it was! It was flowers for May Day from one of our cute little Sunbeams that we have the honor of teaching every Sunday. It's probably not good to pick favorites but she is definitely one!

I was so touched that she would think of us and share such a fun tradition, that I had only heard about that morning, with us!! As crazy as it is, finding that made my night! Thanks so much Maddie! We love having you in our class~





1 comment:

Meredith said...

That little girl must have an amazing Mom! How totally sweet and thoughtful! I might use that for next year.